Did you understand that genuine hardwood floor covering can include substantial value to your home? This is not only due to the fact that it is a high quality flooring material, but also because of its classic charm and capability to suit most decor. Now, if you’re going to purchase the considerable cost of installing real wood flooring, you ought to be prepared to secure your investment by putting in place some ground rules and likewise make a couple of changes to ensure that your pride and joy remains in beautiful condition for a long time to come.
There are numerous culprits responsible for destructive real wood flooring. UV rays from the sun, wet spills, overzealous cleaners and harsh contact with furnishings can all do substantial harm. Here are a few ideas on how to enjoy your floors without being a slave to them.
- Attach felt or plastic pads to the bottoms of chairs, tables and other furnishings so that they can be moved without scraping the floor.
- Raise furnishings, and don’t scrape it, as you move it around the room.
- Prevent using toys, big or small, with wheels. The wheels are often made from hard plastic that ends up being rough with usage.
- When vacuuming, use the brush attachment. It’s even suggested to conserve one specific brush accessory for the real wood floor covering and use a separate one for other areas of the house.
- Sand and dirt are abrasive so keep mats at doorways to the rooms where hardwood flooring is in location. Wiping feet gets rid of most traces.
- Ask your flooring consultant about the proper cleaning agents to use on your floor. Various treatments on floors can require customised products for cleaning.
- While sunshine streaming in through the window makes us feel good, it has the potential to fade your floorings in time. Keep curtains and blinds closed whenever possible.
- Spills need to be cleaned up right away as liquids, including water, can stain real hardwood flooring.
- Never stroll on wood floorings while using high heels, particularly those with stiletto spiked heels.
- If pets are housed in the area, ensure their nails are cut to avoid scratching the floor.
While the above list may seem like a great deal of bother, it’s worth taking notice of these points so that your real wood floor covering can stay in leading condition for the long haul. Enjoy your home and your flooring and use it in an unused room is a wasted cost, despite what’s on the floorings, walls or ceiling.
Post Sponsored by Resin Drives Peterlee – Local Resin Driveway Specialists.